Entering our third year in existence PAC was formed in 2005 by a group of riders from the Hopkins County area. The club was originally a branch of the Hopkins County YMCA until it grew wings of it own. The club was approximately 30 members deep in its first year, grew to over 70 members last year, and appears to be growing even more in years to come. PAC is one of the fastest growing clubs in the KY region.
The PAC is a non-profit organization whose members perform regular community service. PAC is committed to people interested in bicycling (both road and mountain bike), trail maintenance, and creating new friendships.
Come join us on one of our weekly rides, visitors are always welcome, and if you like what you see you are encouraged to join the club. PAC also sponsors an annual tour of Hopkins and surrounding counties called the PAC Challenge. PAC also hosts family fun rides quarterly. For more information on these, keep an eye on the bulletin board and events sections.
Feel free to browse the site and post on the forums. If you are interested in becoming a member, email the assistant webmaster, and a application will be sent back. All you have to do is pay a prorated membership fee, and mail the application in.
Some of the clubs activities include:
- Variety of rides every weekend throughout the year.
- Weekday evening rides during summer, and night rides during the winter.
- Mountain bike trail maintenance and construction.
- The PAC Challenge, (annual club sponsored ride).
- Quarterly newsletters courtesy of Brenda Tompkins.
- Active involvement with making Hopkins and surrounding counties a bicycle friendly community.
- Opportunity to ride with others who share your interest in riding!
- Inspire people to live a healthy and active lifestyle.