PENNYRILE AREA CYCLISTS BY-LAWS
Article I NAME
The name of the club shall be Pennyrile Area Cyclists(PAC).
Article II MEMBERSHIP AND DUES
The Club shall maintain a non-discriminatory admissions policy with membership available to all without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or disability.
Regular Memberships shall be individual and family.
Individual: age 18 and above; youth: ages 13-17, with the written approval of parent or legal guardian; family: a family or household unit, including dependent children; and honorary: as designated by the Executive Committee, for public figures for actions promoting the interests of cycling.
The benefits of regular membership shall include receipt of the Club Newsletter; the right to vote on all issues subject to membership approval as provided for herein; and to participate in all Club programs and activities.
Regular members, except honorary, shall pay dues in an amount determined by the Executive Committee. Dues period shall run from Jan 1st to Dec 31st. Regular member dues shall be payable annually by Jan 31st. All new members who join during the year will pay a prorated fee for the remainder of the year.
Membership shall be suspended for failure to renew if annual dues have not been received within 90 days of the membership anniversary date, but promptly reinstated retroactively to the membership anniversary date upon payment of any delinquency. Membership may be terminated at any time for good cause as determined by a 2/3 vote of censure by the Executive Committee. Written notice of termination of membership shall be forwarded by the Secretary to the former member by certified mail within 10 days of the action of the Executive Committee. Within 10 days of receipt of such notice any member whose membership has been terminated shall advise the Secretary by return certified mail of his/her protest of the termination and the Secretary shall place on the agenda of the next general membership meeting to be held at least 15 days from the filing of the protest, the issue of restoration of membership. Membership shall be restored upon majority vote of the membership at the meeting, provided that a quorum is present.
Article III AMENDMENTS
A quorum shall consist of 25% of dues paying members. Of this quorum a simple majority is needed to amend these by-laws
Article IV MEETINGS
Regular club meetings are to be held on monthly basis or as deemed necessary by the Directors. An Annual Meeting shall be held during the month of January for the election of officers and the filing of reports.
Article V OFFICERS
The club officers shall be President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Road Ride Coordinator, and Trail Ride Coordinator. Each must be a member in good standing and elected by a majority of members at the annual meeting. The officers shall act as the Directors of the club. The term of all officers shall be for one calendar year January through December.
- The President shall be the club’s Chief executive officer. The President shall be responsible for the overall direction of the club’s activities, maintaining the quality of all programs and for ensuring that the will of the membership is followed.
- The Vice President shall act as the club’s number two executive. The Vice President shall preside over any meeting that the President is unable to attend. The principle duties of the Vice President will be in Public Relations and Marketing the activities of the club in the Pennyrile Region.
- The Secretary shall maintain minutes of each meeting of the club. The Secretary’s specific duties shall include maintaining the official club roster, summarizing minutes for publication in the newsletter, maintaining the By-laws and amendments to same.
- The Treasurer shall be the Chief Financial Officer of the club. The Treasurer shall be responsible for the security of the club’s funds and assets. Specific duties shall include receiving, depositing accounting for and disbursing all club funds. The Treasurer shall be responsible for maintaining all financial records, notifying the membership when dues are payable and collection of same. The Treasurer shall prepare an annual Financial Report each fiscal year outlining the financial condition of the club and summarizing the previous years transactions. This annual report will be printed in the Newsletter and presented at the Annual Meeting.
- The Road Ride Coordinatorshall be in charge of all road-riding activities. Specific duties shall include the organization of rides and the selection of ride captains when necessary for each ride to ensure the safe ride and return of each participant.
- The Trail Ride Coordinator shall be in charge of all mountain biking activities. Specific duties shall include the organization of rides and the selection of ride captains when necessary for each ride to ensure the safe ride and return of each participant.
Any officer may be removed by a 2/3 vote of the membership at any meeting where a quorum is present. Any office vacated during the year shall be filled by appointment as determined by a majority of the directors of the club.